Continuing Education Massage Courses
SRT for the Lower Leg and Foot
Instructor: Taya Countryman & Debbie Cutter
Dates: March 11th & 12th, 2017 - 9am - 6pm
Location: Seattle Massage School Campus
Hours: 16 CE Hours
The lower leg and foot structures are critical for the support and movement of the entire body. This is the class for your runners and for your older patients that have developed debilitating foot pain and problems. You will learn to visually and physically assess the structures of the lower leg and foot, understand the common symptoms, and understand their relationship to the symptoms of the upper structures. Using SRT, you will learn to treat common foot symptoms, dramatically change the ROM and gait, and develop the skills to help stabilize this area.
In this hands-on class, you will learn to:
- Understand the activities which lead to symptoms including Taya's view of the true function of the muscles involved.
- Recognize the symptoms that patients present.
- Assess the ROM and structure of each area.
- Palpate the involuntary muscle contracture to locate the SRT Tender Points.
- Discern the possible positions to decrease the pain of the SRT Tender Points.
- Feel the release of the involuntary muscle contraction and the increase in ROM in the area.
- Participate as the therapist and as a patient to enhance your learning experience.
- Release fascia quickly using Taya's gentle tissue techniques.
- Use and integrate a new tool that will gently decrease pain and increase ROM.
- Understand the body from a new perspective and think "outside the box."
Registration and inquiries:
Taya Countryman, LMP
Web Address: http://structuralrelieftherapy.com
Registration: Click here to view schedules, locations and register
Contact Instructor: Contact Form
If you have a course that you would like to teach at Northwest Academy please fill out our course proposal form and we will contact you shortly.