Spring has sprung! With the nice weather, it may be tempting to run outside and enjoy the spring weather. Now is the time to rejuvenate your career. Here are eight spring tips to stay motivated and productive this season.
You made it through Q1 but how did you do? Whether you have an official quarterly review or you are performing a self-evaluation, it’s important to look back and reflect. What were your accomplishments? What did you struggle with? And most importantly…what did you learn?
Consider not only your career but also your personal life as well, they often correlate with your overall state of well-being.
2. Start an Exercise Routine
Take advantage of the beautiful weather and get outside. Create a workout schedule and hang it up in your home. Switch up your routine to stay in shape and motivated. Click here to learn how to build your own workout routine.
3. Refresh Your Style
What better time to upgrade your style than in the spring? Clean up your work wardrobe and change your hairstyle to feel refreshed and new.
4. Create New Challenges
Challenge yourself to get out of a your rut. Work to expand your career skills by taking a class or seminar. Learning a new skill can motivate you this spring to push your career to the next level.
Healthcare professionals can significantly benefit from broadening their skill set. Massage therapy can be applied to a wide range of career paths including nursing, physical therapy, yoga or palates instructing.
5. Spring Clean
Spring cleaning is not just for your home! It’s reported that productivity can rise by 5% with a clean working environment. Whether you work in an office, cubicle or unconventional workspace, take some time to clean your space.
Pitch the trash, organize your files and wipe down those areas that get dusty. You will feel refreshed and ready to tackle your new projects.
6. Revisit Your Resolution
You are a few months into the year, how are you doing with your New Year’s Resolution? Take some time to revisit your resolution and monitor your progress. You may even need to alter your goals to fit your new plans.
7. Make a List of Goals
Make a list of three to five goals you would like to accomplish during the rest of the year. These can be based on your New Year’s resolution or something that has developed since. Your goals should be S.M.A.R.T. – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely.
A great example of a S.M.A.R.T. goal would be: Complete a massage therapy program and receive a certification by the end of the year.
8. Plan your Next Vacation
What is more motivated than working towards a vacation. American workers took 16.2 days of vacation in 2015, nearly one full week less time off than in the year 2000. Take some time this spring to plan your summer vacation. Print some photos to hang up so you can stay motivated throughout the day.
Are you ready for spring? Take these spring tips and set yourself up for a successful year. Start your Spring on the right foot by enrolling into a personalized massage therapy program, contact us today.
You are someone who has thought a lot about massage therapy. You may have even benefited from it. You know its advantages, and you like the idea of helping people feel better. What you now need to transition an interest into a career is a massage school.
TOP TEN REASONS TO CONSIDER ATTENDING MASSAGE SCHOOL
- To acquire the newest knowledge and cutting edge techniques – A quality massage school education will keep you abreast of the leading industry news, trends, and skills.
- To help people feel healthier – If you have a giving spirit and you have empathy for those in difficult health situations, a massage therapist can literally be the healing hands someone needs.
- To be your own boss
- To make your own hours – You can tailor your life around your work or your work around your life.
- Ever-expanding job opportunities in a growing field – The US Department of Labor estimates that massage therapy positions are growing at a rate of between 18-26% annually.
- A belief in natural health – Many people are engaging with non-pharmacological health alternatives.
- To help others live a more stress free life
- Rapid education-to-work turnaround
- To be taken seriously – If you want to be a legitimate hand (or two) in an industry some mistakenly see as seedy due to the unlicensed, non-therapeutic practitioners, a license and certification will do just that.
- Have a career – A licensed massage therapist from a respected massage school isn’t a job, it’s a career.
For more information about massage school or a list of ten more reasons to consider attending a massage school or massage therapy program contact us at: [email protected] or 206-932-5950.